Tue., Jun. 12 | Forks of the Credit Inn
Getting into Jams
Just in time for the beginning of Ontario fruit- this learnshop will be led by Emerie Brine, Bernardin’s Executive Chef and a Red Seal Certificate Chef as well as a Master Food Preserver. Emerie will demonstrate science and art of Jam 101.
Registration is Closed
Time & Location
Jun. 12, 2018, 7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Forks of the Credit Inn, 1498 Cataract Rd, Alton, ON L7K 1N9, Canada
About The Event
Emerie will present 3 types of jam- full sugar jam, no sugar jam and freezer jam. Of course guests get to sample what is being made!
He will present:
- the principles of home canning
- identify high and low acid food groups
- proper home canning safety guidelines
- explain current recommendations on all home canning
- use the principals of making jams and jellies to create a successful product
- explain the relation between pectin, acid and sugar and why the combination is necessary for a final product safely
- identify the differences between hot water bath (high acid) and pressure canning (low acid) foods
Plus- You will go home with some awesome JAM SWAG!
- Getting Into Jams$45$450$0